Saturday, May 19, 2007

Stall Tactics 101

Every night when we announce that it is time to get ready for bed Elliott begins his stall tactics. They totally crack us up! Here are the top 10-

10- "It is time for lunch? I'm hungry."

9- "I need some water."

8- "One more minute?" (with his 1 finger in the air) Sometimes getting really creative and asking for 2 or 5 more minutes.

7- "One more story."

6- As we are leaving- "Momma....." then nothing, nothing, nothing or "Daddy" then the same- until we have to ask "yes Elliott?" then nothing- so we say "I love you, goodnight" and it starts again- "momma...."

5- He says- "Close my door please" - so we do- then he says "Open my door please"- so we do then it starts over- this could go on for quite awhile until we just say goodnight and walk away. Totally learned my lesson- just say goodnight and give loves then go quickly.

4- Whoever is putting him down he asks for the other to come give "kisses, hugs".

3- "Lay by you"- so sweet- as they all are really.

2- "One more song."

Top reason as of this week- BY FAR the best (it inspired the list)

1- "I need some medicine" he says- I reply "oh, is something hurting?" he says "feelings"- "my feelings are hurting."

So funny- so sweet. He really is the sweetest guy- especially at night. It really makes some of the nights so hard to put him to bed- why- when we are being so entertained?

No comments: