Last night reading/rocking before bed (quick insert- Craig says as I come down 1/2 hour after the evening ritual began..."maybe you should start shortening your bedtime routine"- he does the whole reading/rocking in like 10 flat- so I am lagging- quite deliberate though. This may be my one and only chance I am TOTALLY taking advantage of every snuggle moment with my E.)- back to last night-
We have a book that has a picture of the crown of thorns that were put on Jesus' head on the day he was crucified and it really perplexes Elliott that "bad guys" would do that to him. (He is a really gentle little man- especially when someone/something is sad or unhappy- he understands in his mind that that would be a sad/hurtful thing). Anyway-
Mom- what is that thorn thing?
the crown of thorns
Yeah, they put it on Jesus' head
yes, it was not a nice thing to do, but Jesus is fine now and he is your brother. Did you know he is your brother?
yes, he comes in the door and rocks me and gives me loves.
does he talk to you?
yes
(getting a little too- close- it is almost as though someone in heaven was like- "oh, woops- a kid down there is telling stuff- stop him please.") what does he say?
ping pong
I realize we all think our kids are the BEST and to us they sure are- this one was so funny to me. Elliott is such a crack up- lately "ping pong" or "ping ping" is his answer to anything he doesn't have an answer to- or he doesn't want to answer. Perfect answer El- or maybe someone up there thought it was either that or strike the mom with lightning for being so nosy.
6 comments:
Awww..... such a sweet little heart he has! I love it!
That is so cute! Love our little E man~
I love that precious story about or special little buddy.
ede
That is awesome and funny at the same time! Ping pong - - way more ingenius than my kids that just say, "nothing" to everything! Way cool story!
so adorable!
Sooo sweet!! I love that story!!
Post a Comment