

We have had quite the selection of temper tantrums, fits, whatever people call them these days. We have been doing a reward coin program- some days it works like a charm- other days it does absolutely nothing for the child with the iron will and ultra stubborn attitude. Patience is becoming something I have to tell myself on a VERY regular basis. I never realized how calm I would have to be as a parent- my thoughts go out to you all with multiple children- I realize I have little to talk about when it comes to this subject when I talk to some of you.
Anyway (can you tell I am tired?)- we picked up some "rewards" at the dollar store so that we felt like they could be offered more often. Thank you dollar store for some of the BEST toys we have ever enjoyed. This whole Superman get up was a dollar. El was TOTALLY stoked for a day- even wore it out on our walk. I love the last picture- I told him to give me a "I'm going to chain you up because I am Superman" face and this is what I got. Funny thing? This is the same face he gets when he is mad for real. Hum.
2 comments:
You are great parents.
You are doing well.
don't forget it during the tough times.
Hi Carly -- love your blog :)
This reminded me of Mom's (Grandma to you) reward program when we were kids. We got a pinto bean when we did the expected chore, etc., and stored them in baby food jars until we got enough to amount to a certain monetary value!
I think I would've liked dollar store prizes better!
I agree with ede -- you ARE great parents...
Thanks for the memories,
Holly
Post a Comment