Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Butterflies


Everywhere I look- I see butterflies lately. I am in heaven, of course. So is Elliott. However, the only thing we seem to be able to catch are the silly little orange moths- E (for some reason) calls them skippers. Every day for the past week you can find us out catching whatever we can. I intend to capture one of these- I think this is what I am seeing (swallowtail). Also a few monarch here and there- just lovely. Don't worry- we have a catch a release sort of policy- unless E's hands get a little to- handsy.

9 comments:

ede said...

sounds like fun
we should go to see the monarchs up near san francisco
shelly took us one time, it was fun.

Kim G said...

Too cute "Unless E gets a little too handy"...

jbel said...

We have seen butterflies a lot lately too. In fact, the swallowtail and monarchs have fluttered past our eyes as well. Every time I take Em on a walk with me we see the orange/brown moths and she calls them butterflies. At least El knows the difference!

jennifer said...

Sounds like fun! :) And yes... the Monarch's near SF were very cool!

Rachel said...

Carly, glad you stopped in on our blog! We check out cute Elliott quite often!

grandmaaleen said...

Carly, count your blessings that you're seeing these lovely butterfies in California! They have been very sparse in Idaho. I only saw one real butterfly, it seems. Recently, though, I did see a wonderful Praying Mantis.

I just read that butterflies and bees have diminished noticeably. This is a real environmental concern. . .

Thanks so much for your awesome blog! I love seeing the world through your and Elliot's eyes.

P.S. Be sure that Craig has adequate life insurance. Then don't let fear creep into your thoughts. Joyfully, FAITH can replace it.

Love you,
Aunt Aleen

The Player Family said...

They are actually butterflies...And their names are the fiery skippers. Wes and I looked them up and then we saw a sign at the back bay. Not to be a know it all!!!! hahahaha

The Player Family said...

OK not such a know it all but a BIG NERD!

The Player Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.