

4 years ago my life changed. Craig and I adopted our little Elliott- well, little then. That was a good day- In my mind I have a list of the 3 best days of my life.
1- Day I married Craig
2- Day we brought Elliott home
3- see below
1- Day I married Craig
2- Day we brought Elliott home
3- see below


3rd best day- the day Elliott was sealed to us.
When we were told that we'd be adopting our children- I knew that we would be sent the right one. I knew Heavenly Father knew Craig and I well enough to find a way to get a special person to us. I now know even better than I did before that He knows me better than I know myself- because he sent me Elliott. Whether I would have given birth to him or adopted him- I believe this same little person would have been mine. I'm the lucky one that got to have my baby in a "miracle" way. We always tell him he is our miracle.
When we were told that we'd be adopting our children- I knew that we would be sent the right one. I knew Heavenly Father knew Craig and I well enough to find a way to get a special person to us. I now know even better than I did before that He knows me better than I know myself- because he sent me Elliott. Whether I would have given birth to him or adopted him- I believe this same little person would have been mine. I'm the lucky one that got to have my baby in a "miracle" way. We always tell him he is our miracle.

Elliott is the greatest guy. He is full of life and full of creativity. I can't keep up with him half of the time. He has such a tender heart and a passion for life. He is feisty, determined and stubborn. He is wonderful and perfect. He is funny and makes us laugh hours after he has done something. He is charming and intuitive. He loves animals and babies and- well way too many things to go into great detail!!!
. I think he will go on to do great things in his life- big or small- they will be great to me,
I'm his momma.
HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY ELLIOTT!!!
. I think he will go on to do great things in his life- big or small- they will be great to me,
I'm his momma.
HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY ELLIOTT!!!
14 comments:
What a blessing he is!! and what a great parents you are for him!! please send him our love! I hope he has a great B-date!!
Happy Birthday Elliot! I could NOT agree with you any more that these are the children that are destined to be ours. People always get a little annoyed when I say... DNA is no big deal. Just an earthly concept.
Both AK just finished up her allergy testing... her results are IDENTICAL to N's and that means they are also identical to mine. Total miracle.
happy birthday elliott!
Great post Carly! I love all the great pictures.
Happy Birthday Elliott!
I'm crying right now, after reading those wonderful sentiments. Can't imaging family life without Elliott.
Happy Birthday to our special four year old.
Happy Birthday Elliot!! That was a great post - and I have to agree. The (somewhat limited) knowledge I have of your family, he seems to fit in perfectly. The Lord definetly knew what he was doing when sending our children. (Which is always good to remember on days when, oh say the ENTIRE front room is covered in permanent black sharpie for no good reason and you feel like selling the kid who did it.) Elliot's a cutey - I hope he has a wonderful birthday!!
Happy Birthday Elliot...you are blessed to have two wonderful parents who love you and that makes all the difference in the world.
happy birthday elliot!! billy had so much fun playing with you!!!
I hope E had a great b-day! You and Craig are such great parents! I know you are so happy to have him - but he must be so happy to have you two as well! :)
Thanks for sharing all those tender thoughts Carly--Happy Birthday Elliott.
That is so sweet! Happy Birthday Elliott!
I can't believe it has been four years. Elliot is a Wonderful little boy. I can't help but smile when I see him.
That was the sweetest post. It made me cry, but happy tears. Isn't it great to know you are each others forever?! You are a great Mom. I'm glad we are friends. Happy Birthday, Elliot! P.S. thanks for the earings - you are so thoughtful :)
That was beautiful Carly. You are a beautiful mother, accompanied by a wonderful husband, raising a wonderful not-quite-as-little guy.
Happy, Happy Birthday Elliot! from us crazies...
Post a Comment