Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lord of the Rings



Every other week or so Elliott goes to TOWN going through the adult games (sounds a little wrong- but get your minds out of the gutter- just not kid games- that's all.)

As of late his personal favorite is this- Risk- Lord of the Rings style. It is pretty hilarious- we sit with our morning smoothies and set up our armies. He likes to throw his men at mine and knock mine all down- then they have to be put away- HOWEVER- when it is my turn to take out his army I am NOT allowed to knock 1 single piece of his down. Most of the time I don't but sometimes on accident (hardly)- I knock a few down. He gets so fired up, it is so well worth it.

Then after the battle that he always wins- we sit and talk about it- it being the box. We have talked about the box a countless number of times. He wants to discuss the characters and if they are good or bad, who they are fighting, why they are fighting, who wins the gold ring (yes, the Risk game comes complete with the ring of power.) It is so exciting for him to just imagine this scene I set before him- and the best part? He says-

Mom, can I watch this sometime?

Yes, sometime you will be able to watch these movies.

When I am bigger?

Yes

When I am 5?

Probably when you are like 12.

Dad- Guess what? I get to watch this movie when I am 12!!!!

No clue that 12 is quite awhile away!

Love this boy!

3 comments:

jennifer said...

Love that story! Thank you!

Aleen said...

Carly, you're wise to wait until E is much older to watch these high action / violent scenes. It sounds like you have a delightful, creative dialogue together.. . He's blessed to have you for his mother (and vice versa)!

Enjoy this week with your mother! We're glad that you had such a memorable Easter weekend. . .

Love you,
Aunt Aleen

ede said...

So special.