Meet our new pets. Well- let's just say we are down to 1- meet Pluto (named after the planet).
We started out with Pluto and Polly. We got home with our 12 cents each fish and our $20 bowl, rocks, food, etc. put the little ones into their bowl and within- oh- minutes Polly was floating. Woops. Elliott was a little shocked so we went and got Penelope (all named by Elliott) and 2 days later she was dead too. Woops, again.
Pluto is going like 2 weeks strong. Elliott loves the fish. He has asked these two questions multiple times:
Can I please just get him out and play with him and hold him?
This summer when we are swimming in the pool can we take Pluto with us and play in the pool together?
So sweet. They are way more work than I thought too. I clean the bowl every few days or it stinks and gets cloudy. Ergh, pets. I am not a pet person.
7 comments:
That's great. I'm laughing at his questions. Don't you have to pump air into the water? I don't like keeping pets either. But I'm liking the chickens more and sadly the cow is hanging at the butchers.
I know what you mean!! my kids have being begging for a dog!! the sugar gliders are fun to have and not to messy, we have 3 kids, a grandma (my mom) 2 fishes and 2 sugar gliders THAT IS ALL I CAN TAKE!!! (HA,HA)
How fun!
I don't do pets. Goldfish are a good choice though - other than the mortality thing. I imagine swimming with the fish would be lots of fun...until it gets sucked into the filter.
How sweet! I hate pets too. McKell is begging for a guinea pig these days- but of course they would take ANY pet! I worked at Petco in high school and had my fill of stinky animals :) Sorry I haven't emailed, we've been sick with colds. Maybe we could play next Thursday, the 25th?
I have met pluto, and he is very special. Congratulations of on the first of your many pets to come.
Avery got Dorthy (goldfish) for her birthday. It's lasted since December & as much as I love it...:)....we are not ready to move on to any other form of pet. I can't handle cleaning & feeding anything else! But...kids & pets are wonderful & magical. Good luck with Pluto!
Post a Comment