Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Farm



After doing the whole "Farm" learning experience in school they took a little field trip to the farm.  The baby chicks were by far the best part for the kids.  They were the best part for me.  There is just something about a baby chick that 
makes people happy.  

I'm pretty sure we'll be having some chickens of our own sooner than later.  Craig's all over the idea of having our own eggs.  I'm all for it too, I just don't want to do the cleaning up- Craig is cool with that- so I'm cool with that!  
I'll feed them and eat their eggs happily.  

There is so much junk that goes into our food that we have no idea about unless we research it.  Chickens are being fed so much stuff that is then part of the eggs they produce that we then eat.  Particularly GM products.  Soy and corn to name the two main ones.  I will be stoked to know that my chickens will be eating the things that I won't mind eating and having my boys eat too.  Should be a fun experience.  If you need/want some eggs in a few months (6-8) let us know!

3 comments:

Karlea said...

Ummm...I'll buy eggs from you anyday!! Fun!

Anonymous said...

You are going to love it. I have 5 new chicks that are 4 weeks old (pretty sure 2 are roosters, so they wont be living here much longer)and 8 more week old chicks arriving today. I have absolutely loved having them. Easiest pet you will ever have. The baby chick phase is the smelliest and messiest because they are in a box in the house. Cant wait till they are big enough to put in the coop.

Carly said...

Trish, we have 6 baby chicks. Elliott is in heaven- so far it's been fun. Craig is busy building the coop- it's looking great. We are excited!