As I write this, it is the first day of school. Booo. That's all I have to say about that. I'm not a big school fan. I'd much rather play and have Elliott home all of the time. I miss him far too much when he's at school. Who needs an education anyway?
This summer we had a BLAST. I knew that if I didn't have things planned we'd sit around and wonder what to do each day- so I planned a whole bunch of stuff ahead of time. Now, I got the impression from a few that I was crazy- (I won't necessarily object) HOWEVER- we had SO MUCH FUN this summer. When you have only one child- life is different. Very different. There are no siblings to play with, no one around besides mom to chill with and be entertained by. Don't get me wrong, we had PLENTY of down time- a perfect amount.
Anyway- amongst the fun we planned Monday Madness. Elliot looked forward each week to what we would do next- here are a few- the first- Marshmallow War. The kids had fun- they kept asking me "when is the war going to start" like I'm some sort of general. I thought- give the kids marshmallow shooters, marshmallows and some time and they'll create their own war. They had fun- but round two a few weeks later was better!
We had a Whip Cream War. That was BY FAR THE BEST EVER. The kids had the best time! There was whip cream everywhere but fun was had by all. The pool was a beautiful creamy blue color for the next week and the kids hair and clothes smelled like rotten milk until about the 3rd washing- but- it was FUN!
Monday Madness will be back next year for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment