HALLOWEEN
Elliott's favorite holiday by far. He plans the next few years costumes ahead of time. Since a week before Halloween last year he's been saying he would be a ninja this year. HOWEVER, the last few weeks he has morphed into the need to be ..........
THE GRIM REAPER
Yep, the grim reaper. What 7 year old even knows the words "grim reaper"? Mine. He's not going to school with a sickle nor will he be the Grim Reaper at the church Halloween party- so go figure. I tried to explain that he's also known as "the angel of death" thinking he'd turn the idea down (What was I thinking???) now that's sparked a whole new set of questions. At present, I'm trying to explain why we aren't going to be something horrifying and gory- I tried to explain to him that he has PLENTY of years for costumes like that- but not when he's 7 and has about 10 little people younger than him that he needs to not scare and traumatize. Where does this come from? We don't watch any of this stuff- he's only seen it at the stores and on Halloween.
Today we sat down at the computer to view a whole selection of costumes- he's going back and forth between a trillion different things- 1/2 of which there is no way he's being this year. Like I said, plenty of years for gore in his future. And, knowing him like I do, there will be plenty of scary, crazy Halloween Horror to come in my (and most of your) futures.
And- then we moved on to ideas for mom and dad. He was going crazy with ideas. And as I've mentioned before about Elliott's need to chat it up whilst on the toilet this was our conversation about 20 minutes after the costume conversation- while he's on the toilet-
So, we need to talk about you and dad's costumes.
mom, I'm giving you great options here- You really need to pick.
I know, I've got a great idea! All three of us could go as a family of Grim Reapers.
Yep, you heard it here. A family of angels of death.
I'm glad I have such a creative little man. He gets points for thinking of a family transformation.
Who knows, I may cave and we'll have the Grim Reaper (Maybe a whole family of them)
at both the school and church functions.
He'll probably be holding that sickle too.
Oh, no weapons at school? It's okay for Halloween right? Since when is a sickle a weapon?

1 comment:
You should do it!!! Oh man, E, you came up with a good one this year.
You three are the nicest, kindest, loveliest people I know.... I don't think dark make-up, hooded robes (?), or even a sickle could hide all that.
So fun.
Post a Comment