Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Summer Tales

I can't believe the summer is over- Labor Day weekend is this weekend- where in the world has the time gone?

We have had a great summer. I was going through the photos and realized that we took 700+ photos in August. High time to revisit the photos and fill some of you in on our summer!


Elliott has also taken to making faces and being silly. Sometimes I can break him out of a mood just by making some crazy face at him. Thank heavens kids are so silly.


This ride was pretty cool- they had to pull the rope and it would take them up- then let go and they would fall- both Craig and I were a little curious how Elliott would like this- he LOVED it- totally loved it. The bummer- all the rides were 2 people rides so this one was a Daddy and Elliott ride.

We took a little day trip to LegoLand in Carlsbad. They have a big water area that they claim is all about pirates- bit of a let down- but all in all was a good day with my boys.
Best ride at LegoLand- it is hilarious! It makes little clopping noises and moves up and down like it is galloping. So funny.




Elliott and I just liked the colors of this Lego dinosaur.








We decided to take a couple of days and take the boat to Catalina Island to go camping. It was beautiful and surreal. Where our little campsite was- truly made us feel like we were on an island. It was a boat in only site and we were the only ones in all 3 of the sites in the area. My first ever- Sleeping right next to the waves. So perfect.





I know- a little cheesy- but hey- we wanted a family picture that we would remember- where we were and what we were doing.


Between all of the company and Elliott's new love of the beach- we spent many a day there this summer. We had the greatest time. Quite blissful- well, most of the time.







All of my beautiful nieces. Crystal, Kimberly and Kenyon. Crystal and Kimberly were able to stay here for a little over 2 weeks with us- we all had a great time and have missed them- especially El.







Days in the pool- many days in the pool- we are a wee bit water logged. Craig has had a good time getting El to jump off different parts of the pool. It has been funny watching how El is so much more brave when just Craig and I are in the pool with him verses the whole crew.

5 comments:

melissabastow said...

I like the picture of Elliot making a face - it's so cute! The mouth stretch and tongue out is also a favorite of my kids!

jennifer said...

Yeah!!! I LOVE all the new photos!! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend! :) Miss you! Love you!

mcwally said...

Posted while Elliot was taking his post-school nap??? Great pix. The camping sounds heavenly.

Janice said...

What great pictures! I love seeing what you guys are up to and all the fun activities you've been doing. I love the picture of Elliot with his brown hoddie around his face - so cute!

Aleen said...

Greetings from Idaho, Carly!

Your boat ride and campout at Catalina Island sound like an ideal family outing! You're wise to take time for such activities. . . Can you believe that he's already 3 years old? Have a wonderful birthday celebration with Eliott and Craig on Sunday. Enjoy this beautiful long weekend!

Love you,
Aunt Aleen