Monday, September 24, 2007

Musings on Muse



Craig and I went to a Muse concert over the weekend and had the GREATEST time! It has been awhile since we have been to a big venue for a concert (side note- totally forgot how much I hate smokers and girls with long hair standing next to me at concerts.) and it was really great. I have been listening to them a lot on my satellite radio- then when I so selfishly got consumed by the Stephanie Meyer Vampire books and found out she used their music to write her novels to- I was hooked. I must admit- it made the show that much more interesting when you listen to the songs and put the characters right into the music.
I even think Jacob and his crew were sitting right in front of me- poor Craig had to listen to me ranting about all the little things from the books. (Smile) I know he is intrigued by these books- wondering what in the world has gotten into me.... I imagine in the next few months he'll be hooked too- thank heavens he cares about the things I like and actually makes an honest effort to enjoy them- I keep telling him he won't be disappointed by these crazy books. Poor guy.

Anyway- if you get the chance they are fabulous and they put on a good show- who knew gigantic white balloons with confetti in them were their style?

Favorite Tracks at the moment?- Supermassive Black Hole and Knights of Cydonia (the horses at the front crack me up!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally regret not going! I would have loved to discuss which parts of the book goes with the music. My favorite Muse song right now is Invicible. N E R D alert!

Kim G said...

I freaking love Muse! Reed can't stand them...