Wednesday, October 24, 2007

California Burning

Hello from stinking, smelly, ash raining California!

I was driving home from my sister's tonight and felt a wee bit like I was back in Idaho at the peek of a tiny snow storm... then I remembered- I totally was NOT- it was ash. So depressing.

We are OKAY and safe. Breathing isn't as easy right now- for anyone, but we are all doing good. We are so lucky and blessed that we are able to be in our own home sleeping and safe. We are worried about some of our friends and pray that they will be able to return home soon and that the fires will abate rapidly.

Please pray for all of the families that are not where they wish they could be right now. Many have lost their homes and many are worried they might still loose their homes.

I am ready for clean air and our normal solid California. What the heck.

I have been humbled these last few days- devastation happens everywhere. It doesn't matter where you live, what you do or how prepared you are- it still happens and will happen everywhere. We just have to do our best to be as prepared as possible to make it easier for us and those around us to get through it all together.

2 comments:

Max and Diana Brown said...

I'm So glad you are ok, Max and I were taking about you and shelly yesterday and we were wondering if you were ok, Our prayers are with you and with your friends too. (sorry for my English!!!)

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Called you on your cell last week. It's funny, I just wrote you an email to your hsno account, but I remembered that I didn't hear back from you for a few months. Then I thought about your blog, and come to find out, you guys are okay---phew.
Give me a call. Believe me when I tell you that I have tried staying up to call you at 9pm---10pm my time--and I fall asleep everytime. :)
When you get a chance give me a call or shoot me an email. By the way what is the best email to reach you at?
Love,
Sarah