Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Home sweet Idaho and Welcome Home Josh

We took a vacation last week to Idaho. My little brother had just returned from serving a mission in Florida for our church. Welcome home Joshua! It was a bit of a whirlwind- I feel like we hardly got to know how Josh's mission was- there was so much going on.





If you have never seen our bridge in Idaho here it is- quite legendary at present (I.B. Perrine Bridge)- it is the only bridge in the US that you can base jump off of legally. It is also a beautiful sight to see.




One of the reasons we went home was to take a tour of the new Twin Falls Temple for our church- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I wish I had taken pictures of it- it was beautiful- I was able to be there with almost all of my family- hopefully not the last time. My mom arranged the whole thing- we even had some of our aunts and uncles and cousins there- some I had never met before- too bad we didn't get to visit with them for very long.




Elliott on a little walk the first morning we were there- he was so stoked to be in Idaho. We talk about it so much- it was finally something real and actually happening.




We did a little boating on my brother Curtis' boat- strangely- I have no pictures of Curtis- hum.






The kids were so excited about my dads cows. It was so fun to see something-that to me growing up was an everyday thing- become something exciting and fun. They got to feed them some corn- Scott named two of the cows- Hamburger and Sirloin (or something like that)- it was funny hearing the kids call one of them Hamburger all week.










And of course- what would a trip to the country be without animals. Elliott was in heaven. He was constantly following one of my dad's animals around. This was the first time we have ever had a hard time getting him to come inside to eat dinner- he would have preferred to be outside the whole day.



Papa's tractor- Papa let him go in the field and steer it himself- he was so thrilled- it was hilarious. Poor cows- E almost ran them over a couple of times.







A fishing trip with Papa, Sally and the gang. Papa was looking in the water for something and Elliott was all over him.


Kenyon's first reeled in fish- she didn't want to handle it.



Shelly and Collin- there was so much going on and cute Collin just rolled with the punches- he is such a good baby.






Grandma Arlee (as Elliott calls her) took us on a little hike to a waterfall- it was beautiful and different for the kids.



Of course- what would vacation be without a few people getting sick? El and Craig got the flu while we were gone- it was a total BUMMER- it kept us in for a few of our vacation days.










Elliott has been so excited to see Papa's airplane. He built it himself. When E found out that he was going to get to sit in it and have the propeller on- he could hardly handle it- seriously- squeals were coming out. I wish the pictures were better- they hardly show how excited the kids were to be in Papa's plane- he even took them on the runway a bit. As soon as the plane started moving Elliott asked Craig if they were going to get to go up and fly.








We met up with some of Craig's family for a bit on our way back through Utah. Some live there and some were in town for his cousins wedding reception. We went to Thanksgiving Point to the Dinosaur Museum- again- E was totally stoked.



And---what is a vacation through Utah without going to Cabella's- (in my mind it is a fine vacation- but the boys think otherwise- I was happy to oblige.) They have a little target shooting thing- Elliott is a master marksman.





Funny- they only pictures I took at Brandon (Craig's cousins) reception. Elliott was breaking it down on the dance floor with Avery (Jennifer's boyfriend's neice). They were awesome!







Last- we went to see Spencer's new apartment- sans furniture- except the TOTAL GYM. Elliott was working on his muscles with the total gym.


It was a great trip- too short. I was really sad to be leaving Idaho. I don't get home enough- it isn't the easiest place to get to- especially with kids. I guess it will always be something to look forward to in the future. I know Elliott hasn't stopped talking about Idaho since we left......

10 comments:

Qwendykay said...

Hooray! You're back!! I've missed you in the blogging world!!

I totally wish that I had some place different to take the kids when we go to grandma's. You know.. like a farm.. or the mountains. I know the kids love that freedom and stimulation of something being really really different. Plus.. COWS in your front yard.. that is awesome!

Potters said...

Most excellent trip...sounds incredible!

Janice said...

What a great update! Sorry to hear about Craig and E getting sick but glad to see for the most part a very fun vacation. I love all the new pictures.

jennifer said...

Yeah! Love the photos! Thanks for stopping over in SL to hang with us for a bit! It was so great to see you all!!

Scott and Amy said...

that sounds like such a fun vacation. you guys sure did alot. and elliot is so cute that he was so excited about everything.

Kim G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim G said...

You must be quite the sales person to get him that exited about Idaho! ;)

ede said...

what a long list of activities for one vacation. you accomplished a lot. welcome home!

Brooke said...

That bridge is awesome! looks like a fun vacation with lots of family.

grandmaaleen said...

It was wonderful to see you, Craig, and Elliott, Carly! I hoped that we could join you for a canyon rim walk or something, but sadly the flu did limit your available time. . . Your delightful photos were a satisfying replacement since we didn't get to visit much. It was good to have you, Shelly, and your families "home again!"

What are your church callings these days? It's always delightful to learn what new adventures you're experiencing with your precious E. Happy belated birthday, Elliott! Keep loving to learn and discover more about life every day. . .

Love always,
Aunt Aleen and Family