Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Oh and one more thing....

I welcome- whole heartedly OCTOBER and every lovely and beautiful thing that hereafter follows! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this time of year. I get giddy just thinking about the days to come!

Cozy days in reading while it is raining outside.
Playing and splashing in rain puddles with E.
Watching the rain from the porch.
Pumpkin everything.
Warm drinks on a cold night.
Brisk walks or hikes on Saturdays with my boys.
Halloween excitement from Elliott. (Everyday we discuss Halloween)- I LOVE it!
Sweaters, jeans, boots, scarves and jackets. An umbrella once in awhile.

I could go on and on- I'll spare you....I just LOVE this time of year!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

agreed - except for the fact that it was 100 degrees yesterday and the day before!! YUCK!! let's hope the cold comes soon!

jennifer said...

me too! me too! :)

Qwendykay said...

I'm looking forward to cooler weather, but we've had a TON of fun swimming this year, so I'm sad to say goodbye to that.

Also, since it was October first, we bought the costumes, and they have not stopped wearing them. They will be rags by the time Halloween arrives.

Evaly said...

I am hoping that this lovely post will actually bring cold, rainy, FALL weather with it :) Summer in October is just too crazy- even in So. CA!

Angela said...

Your my kinda lady, I could not agree more...

Max and Diana Brown said...

me too!! I love all the holidays!! we don't have halloween in Argentina (shame on us!!) I love seeing the kids getting ready to go out, I love to eat like a pig on thanksgiving (and be greatfultoo!! ha,ha) and decorating the Christmas tree!! I'm with you!! I love this time of the year!!

melissabastow said...

I would love October except that it is followed by WINTER. Bleck. Why can't it just stay fall until spring? Is that too much to ask?!