Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Craig's 40th





Craig and his sister Mandy- At one point poor Elliott thought that Craig was being hurt- he broke down crying. Pretty intense- sumo wrestling.









This was one of the little gifts within the present- all shrink wrapped inside of a bed pan.





Craig turned 40 last week. Man, my man is 40. I remember when my parents turned 40- I remember all to well thinking "oh boy- they are getting old- what am I going to do without my parents around?"- yeah- here I am- living it.

We had a surprise party for him. I can't believe that he had no idea we planned this party. I am the WORST at secrets. I kept wanting to tell him things and then I'd remember that it would ruin it- so in the end it worked out great. We rented the sumo suits- so funny to watch some of the people do it.

We have such good friends and family- two of Craig's sisters were able to travel to be here- it was a fun night. I have decided that I'd much rather go to a party than plan and host a party. I feel like I hardly saw anyone for more than a couple of minutes. Strange.

And lastly- we have some HILARIOUS friends- they know who they are- that put together the little lovely above- I mean- seriously! It was so funny. Later that night when Craig and I had time to talk- we pulled it out and laughed at all of the madness inside! Thanks guys- that will be the gift that keeps on giving- guaranteed. Craig led the group with one of the first 40's- wait and see what you all get from that package on your 40th.....

Thank you everyone- it was a really good time- honoring a really good guy.

4 comments:

Evaly said...

Definitely a fun night- glad we could celebrate with you! :)

mandy said...

That's right he was getting hurt in that sumo suit!! What did he expect taking me on???

ede said...

that last comment seems suspicious...
fun party.. great guy... total surprise.. Craig you look good for your age.,,...!!! Have a good year, if you are not too old.

Pat and Paul said...

Happy Birtday you old fart. Love your favorite uncle and aunt