


Elliott and Craig got me some rad pots and plants for Mother's Day. They both worked very hard putting in a little self-watering system. I LOVE MY PLANTS.

My brother Josh and his wife Janae moved in with us for the summer. They needed a change of pace and some different jobs- so we told them to head on down. We have loved having them here...so far. Kidding! They are awesome with E and fun to have around.

About the same time that J and J moved in- so did these lovely little birds. As most of you that know me well know that I do not fancy birds all that much. However, I've quite become a lover of the pretty sounds I get to hear all of the time and the beauty of some of the birds that fly in and out of my yard. These guys were in our banana tree right outside our sliding door in the kitchen- we could watch them come and go all day. I belive they are North Golden Finches or something similar. Anyway- it has been so much fun watching the two parents take turns with the nest- feeding the birds and keeping watch on the nest from various parts of the yard. Now, I am loving paying attention to some of the other birds in the area- I know, nerd alert.

E ended his last days at this particular pre-school. We are hiding behind the hat because he was having a rough time- he is such a sensitive little soul. He was sad to say goodbye to some of his buddies and teachers. He has loved this pre-school.

E started a little tennis class that has now ended but we plan on picking back up in August. He really enjoyed it- he quite loves the sport of tennis. Who knew? He's pretty good too. The first day he was a little bothered that "Coach Randy" didn't let them "play tennis". He wanted to "play tennis".


We've been into science this summer. Totally into different aspects of science. It has been fascinating for us all. I couldn't help myself when I saw the safety goggles at the dollar store- Elliott wears them to eat corn on the cob once in awhile. I have a feeling you will be seeing the goggles quite often this summer.

I had some allergy testing done on myself to see if eliminating some foods in my diet would help with my breathing. I found out that I have some intolerances to a few different foods. Wheat being one of the main ones. So- why this picture? I have found myself spending way more time in the kitchen. Elliott (he has a wheat intolerance also) and I have both now pretty much eliminated wheat from our diets (not easy). So- along with weekly get togethers, trying to keep my sweet guy from feeling too different than everyone else, and summer outings- I have been working hard creating wheat free things. I'm getting pretty good. I plan on posting a few of my recipes and finds as of late one of these days....




We had a little church activity and the kids were suppose to dress up like their favorite scripture hero. E had a hard time deciding. He is into these guys (I'm so glad)- he decided that Ammon would be the hero of choice. Little did he know that a good friend of ours was doing a big story/play/interpretation of Ammon's story and needed a volunteer to play Ammon. E was STOKED! He was so PROUD to be Ammon and get to reinact the story. It was such a good day for my little guy.




Rockets and experiments have been on the adgenda every single day. "Something to do with these goggles- hummm." So far, so good. Nothing blown up or broken- yet. I know he is 4 but do you know my husband and his family?

Lazy days of pool fun and beach fun. Man, we are so blessed to live in such a beautiful area! Our little mini-paradise on earth. Seriously! The beach is so close- the weather is fabulous. We can't complain!

Sweet Kenyon was baptised last Friday. I can't belive how fast these last 8 years have flown by. And what better picture could I possibly have? This is our "everyday" crew.
We are so proud of this little lady!
We are so proud of this little lady!


4th of July- this was our view! Is it not spectacular? I do not take for granted the things I have been blessed with- especially my freedom, my country and the beautiful land that I live in. Having Elliott around and explaing to him why we celebrate Independance Day has been awesome. It has given me many moments to just think about my blessings and my country.

Lastly- (for now- who knows could be a few months the way I've been going lately...)- We took this picture last night-we took some of our wedding photos here almost 11 years ago.
In August I get to celbrate 11 years with this sweet man. I consider myself the luckiest.
Sorry it has taken me forever to get some posts up- mostly sorry to my family. This is the best way they see these things! I'll try to get back on my schedule! Having Josh home from his mission this last year has thrown off my weekly update that I'd do for him.
I will try to get back on that schedule!
In August I get to celbrate 11 years with this sweet man. I consider myself the luckiest.
Sorry it has taken me forever to get some posts up- mostly sorry to my family. This is the best way they see these things! I'll try to get back on my schedule! Having Josh home from his mission this last year has thrown off my weekly update that I'd do for him.
I will try to get back on that schedule!

9 comments:
Your plants are gorgeous! Elliott is so cute and you are such a cute mom- I can totally see you doing science experiments together :)
Looks like a busy summer so far. LOVE all the pictures. Elliot is adorable, I always enjoy looking at the funny things he's up to, right now I'm diggin the googles. Good choice on purchases those. We gave Lucas a pair of jeremy's that he didn't need from school anymore and he wore them so much he broke them. Oh well. I love an imaginative mind! It's one of the best parts of being a parent.
So fun to see new pictures. It makes me really miss you guys. How do you go wheat-free? WOW, I can't imagine it. You are amazing!!
Thank you so much, Carly, for your photos and news of the past few months on "a nutshell." I loved them.
Enjoy this special time with your Mom. . .
We love you and your family,
Aunt Aleen and Crew
what a super catch-up. You are three of my favorite people.
I have really enjoyed your summary of the last couple of months.
welcome back!
The 4th of July celebration was great fun.
thanks for having us!!
We had such a fun 4th... can't wait to get back down there!!
E in the goggles eating corn cracks me up! You're child is nutty genius - I'm totally buying safety goggles for the next time my kids complain about squirting food.
If God ever really wanted to punish me, he would make me intolerant to wheat. And now that I've said that I will now be struck down by wheat allergies. However, I would be really interested in your recipes because we really do eat too much of that stuff around here. And as long as it doesn't take 4 hours to create something yummy and wheat free, I'm up for some food experimentation! (Question - can you still have gluten? yeast? chocolate?! Oh please be able to eat chocolate!!)
I love those flowers!! Elliot is so darling.
Love, the Streiff's in Vegas
Post a Comment