I keep having people ask me which sunscreens we use- then they tell me they have the hardest time finding one they feel like is trustworthy and okay for daily use.
I have enjoyed taking time to read many things from the Environmental Working Group. Every year they come up with a list of sunscreens- good and bad and tell you what is in them that you want to avoid, etc. They also have other lists on different products (beauty and others) for your viewing. You can even find a water quality report for your area within the scope of their site. Don't be too overwhelmed- the site is massive and one could spend all day reading up on different things-- take is slowly and find things that matter the most to you.
I find it interesting that so many "green" people are so worried about protecting the earth and they seem to not care that much about their bodies- I think we need to start with us first- taking care of our bodies and doing right be them first- then take the next steps to work on the world around us!
Enjoy!
Sunscreens
I have enjoyed taking time to read many things from the Environmental Working Group. Every year they come up with a list of sunscreens- good and bad and tell you what is in them that you want to avoid, etc. They also have other lists on different products (beauty and others) for your viewing. You can even find a water quality report for your area within the scope of their site. Don't be too overwhelmed- the site is massive and one could spend all day reading up on different things-- take is slowly and find things that matter the most to you.
I find it interesting that so many "green" people are so worried about protecting the earth and they seem to not care that much about their bodies- I think we need to start with us first- taking care of our bodies and doing right be them first- then take the next steps to work on the world around us!
Enjoy!
Sunscreens
1 comment:
Hi Carly! Dr. Mercola, an osteopathic physician who is very wholistically oriented has developed a line of skin products, including sun screen and insect repellent that sound excellent. He has done considerable research into this subject and I appreciate his expertise. Search the desired topics on the front page of his site at www.mercola.com
Let me know what you think, Carly and friends. . .
Post a Comment