Wednesday, October 21, 2009

All I want for Christmas....


Don't ever take your ability to breathe for granted. When you can't- it BITES THE BIG ONE (Craig says I should think about what I'm really saying when I use that phrase- however, I choose not to- I don't like what I see.)- and people look at you like your CRAZY- as if to say "catch your breath already- you're like what 25?" I would of course reply with "No- I'm 32 and my lungs suck it- so back off- or when I catch my breath I'll beat you until I have to catch my breath again."

Okay- I'm on one tonight- no worries to all of you worriers- just a sucky day.

When you can't breathe you find ways to still do the things your child loves and still be able to breathe at the same time. Well- lately I want to ride bikes with Elliott. Not just ride bikes in the driveway- I want to GO RIDE BIKES around the bay- up the hills (with a little help from what could soon be my electric engine)- and down the hills all on my own with those cute little pedals.

You know you secretly want one too.

I may sound like I'm kidding, I'm not.

Next Christmas I may ask for a Segway.

I will be taking donations from now until Christmas. Kidding!

6 comments:

Max and Diana Brown said...

bikes are so fun! It has been more than 15 yrs since I rode one! .. man!! I'm so old!!

Evaly said...

Okay- I have your problem solved. One of those gas powered scooters! My kids want one of those sooo bad :) Elliott would think you were awesome. Probably cheaper, right? The only problem is that the gas tank on those things is like 1 inch off the ground and I would worry that it would blow up... hmmm, maybe not such a good idea. Wish I could give you some new lungs :(

melissabastow said...

So when you said you were having a "sucky" day, I had to make a stupid mental joke that somehow involved air, and sucking, and something like a vacuum, and not being able to breath all at the same time - - - CLEARLY it didn't really work itself out. I would also love a bike with a motor, but for reasons completely different. At least you have an excuse to have one, instead of just saying, "Look how lazy I am!!" Which would have to be my justification. Also, I think you should tell people that you're really 85 and you just look fabulous for your age. And maybe also mention that you had an entire lung removed, but surprised the entire medical community by being able to breath again on your own. That'll show them.

Carly said...

You guys are all too funny! We could have some sort of "electric powered" group. It could be cool- maybe....

ede said...

so sorry you had a bad day

Anonymous said...

Cool Bike. I've never seen it before. Good Luck with that. But if you want Santa to bring you one, you better stop saying things like "Bite the Big One";)