Elliott isn't really a timid creature. He has definite moments- well quite a lot of moments- I'm starting to wonder! Look at that tongue- he finally took a chance at the ball and it rolls through his legs. It's good the parents are on the side lines- I do a lot of laughing. It's some of the most fun - watching my child do something he loves, it's awesome.
Elliott ADORES SOCCER. He is stoked to just talk about soccer. However, when the ball comes his way it is as if he takes a bow- looks at his team mates and says "no, no- you go ahead- by all means- I'd like you to have it...". We keep telling him to get in there and have FUN. Although- he is having FUN. Probably some of the most fun he's ever had so far in his little life! There will be a time in his life when he isn't timid. We had a glimpse on Saturday when this was what E thought of a certain little guy on the opposing team:
Did you see that boy pull my shirt? I told him he was a big bully and I pushed him.
Some days inside I think- WELL DONE MY BOY! Most days I completely discourage this kind of behavior- but in soccer it's okay right?
It really is just a fun mellow game with parents cheering for both teams- I quite like it. I was warned that it would be vicious and the parents would be crazy.
Maybe some teams but not our Blue Dragons.

Our AWESOME friend Micah designed our banner for us.
He is WICKEDLY talented and a wicked good friend.
4 comments:
Go soccer mom!! I think we have as much(or more) fun than the kids.. Don't you think??
For the love of all that's adorable, that soccer picture is awesome! Caleb is a lot like that - fierce at home, timid everywhere else.
this was great, reading all that has been happening. thanks for the catch - up.
I want to be on his soccer team just so my name can be on that WAY COOL banner.
I played pee-wee soccer in kindergarten. It was my 1st and last year in that sport. My dad coached. I think my career was so short because I thought being goalie meant I could sit in the goal and pick wild flowers. Apparently dear old dad didn't think that was cool, especially when the ball sailed over my head and into the net before I even realized it was down on my end of the field.
If fierce E had been on the opposing team when I was playing, maybe I'd have paid more attention to the game!
Post a Comment