Saturday, January 30, 2010

Do you ever pity yourself?

Do you sometimes find yourself pitying your mere existence? That possibly there must be more in store for you? That you can't possibly live another day as yourself? Annoyed at the hand that was dealt to you? Why in the world would I have chosen this...- type of scenario?


Well, I do. If you can't admit that you do this once in awhile- you're in denial.


I have found great comfort in following a life of another soul- one who has WAY MORE on her plate than I- one who humbles me and makes me remember the GREAT PLAN that is this life. She is truly amazing- one day I shall meet her and I will have a MILLION things to talk with her about.

So if you ever find that you feel as I have- why don't you explore HER great journey and put yourself in another's shoes- then decide if you'll trade your existence for another.

I KNOW that our trial are custom made- they often, TOTALLY SUCK but they are ours. It all comes down to how we choose to live through them.

2 comments:

Donna said...

amen to all of that...Idon't remember choosing some of my growth experiences. I am grateful for life's lessons learned, however. One day at a time.

Em-Cat said...

I read Nie as well...You're right. My trials seem very small compared to hers. It gives me a lot of perspective to see how she handles herself. What I love is she doesn't sugarcoat the tough days.