Elliott just turned 6. He could CARE LESS about learning to ride a bike- he's a bit stubborn (wonder where he gets that......) He is completely happy hitching a ride on the back of dad's bike on the trail bike. It is like pulling teeth to get this kid outside to practice his bike. We've done training wheels- they were great until he tipped over and crashed- now- won't have anything to do with training wheels. So, we took off the pedals making it a push bike- I think it's better- but nowhere NEAR riding a bike! It is so funny how different all kids are! I've got 2 nephews who practically sat on a bike and never looked back and then there is my sweet E. Takes his time- I mean T A K E S his time with all things physical. However, when he actually does them, he doesn't look back and rarely falls or hurts himself. Looking at the positives!
I do look forward to bike rides without the trail bike-
I think E will get such a sense of accomplishment- I anticipate that for him!
2 comments:
He looks great on his bike in the photo, isn't that what counts?
I was going to comment on your Christmas post - but since it's been forever since I've read blogs I'll just comment here.
I just wanted to say that riding bikes is a sensitive subject at our house. Perhaps my kids will never ride bikes. We scare the neighbors with all the screaming when we try to get the kids on anything two-wheeled. (The screaming isn't all from the kids - they're just louder than me. But I get SO FRUSTRATED sometimes.) So hey, if you're making progress on the whole riding a bike thing - I salute you!
Post a Comment