Saturday, December 29, 2007

The things he says- Stall tactics

Elliott can work the system like no other. He especially can work all of his grandparents.
Last night Dave and Ede watched Elliott so that Craig and I could go on a date. When it was time for bed he was pulling out his best- putting the tent up, sleeping with all of his stuffed animals (especially those he never even notices are in the room- those high up on the shelves), and of course- our new favorite-

"I'm dirty, look at me... I need a bath"

For those of you who know E- he doesn't particularly like to get clean. It is a chore to get him in the shower or the bath- there is usually some sort of bribery involved- so this one is a classic.

Then he will proceed with-

"I need......" (moments go by waiting while he decided what exactly it is that he "needs")

I know those with kids all know what I a talking about- the bedtime stall system.

2 comments:

ede said...

It was pretty fun.
I look forward to next time...
I wonder what he will come up with to top the last.

Evaly said...

Smile. Carter comes out and says he needs to give ONE MORE hug and kiss. He does this about 5 times before he will stay in bed :) How can I tell him "no" when I want another hug & kiss too!