Thursday, January 10, 2008

Time for a change


I go through strange hair spurts. I will grow out my hair for years and then chop it off one random day- well this time I chopped it off for a good reason. It was time for a MUCH needed haircut- I wanted to cut off 7 or 8 inches anyway- so I thought, what's 3 or 4 more- right? 11 or 12 inches later I was able to donate my hair to locks of love . I am in a bit of shock- I don't think I was really ready to cut soooo much off at once- but happy to share something with a little one that will make them feel better about themselves. I have had some random cuts here and there since E was born- but for the most part- 3 years of hair.

16 comments:

Max and Diana Brown said...

carly...you are so brave!! but is very nice what you did, you have beutiful hair I bet a kid will look beutiful thanks to you. I love reading your blog you have the greates personality, I hope one day I get to know you and your family in person.

jennifer said...

I can't wait to see it! I am sure it looks adorable!

Shelly said...

Hey - we need to see a picture of you !!

ede said...

very generous
I bet your new cut looks great

ede said...

very generous
I bet your new cut looks great

Karlea said...

Ok...can't wait to see the do!!! So...where's the picture of you we can ooo and ahhh over?? C'mon...you're killing me!!!

melissabastow said...

How cool!! I have never let my hair get long enough to chop and donate.....although I did get a scolding from the last chick that cut my hair for not even getting a trim for a year and a half. Way better to donate hair and feel good then get yelled at by a random hairdresser - - I think I'll follow in your footsteps (once my hair gets to donate length!)

marisa said...

so where is the photo? Can't wait to see the new YOU! I am sure it is darling!

Jessica Newby said...

Yahoo! I love short hair!! I bet it is cute! We do need to see a pic! What a good cause to cut it all off for!

Jennifer Gilmore said...

I can't believe you are so brave! What a great thing - but scary at the same time. I am thinking you will either love it - or hate it- and have to get used to it. What do you think about the new style? hopefully Natti did a good job for you. What a drastic change! Again - you are brave. :)

Janice said...

You are so awesome Carly!

mandy said...

SWEET!!

Potters said...

Where is the picture of you?!

Evaly said...

I can't wait to see it! :)

julieannepapa said...

i am so excited to see it. that is so neat that you were able to donate it.

Stephanie said...

Hello, where's the picture of you with no hair?!?!