A few of my girlfriends and I were joking that no one really posts anything that really happens on their blogs- only the little fun details and the bragging of their kids. Most of the time- you wouldn't really want to hear our day to day stuff- I prefer to keep a rather boring existence- however- no matter how hard I try it seems I can't escape myself. So- mildly quick update- no big deal- got pneumonia- hospitalized for a few days- now I am home- can't breathe- life goes on. That wasn't too bad. Now on to bragging about my guy.

Elliott started swimming lessons- so fun. He has changed dramatically in the last 2 weeks with these lessons. He is attempting to actually swim and each time gets a little better. I am pretty confidant that we can have him at least to a point where he will be able to get himself to an edge or a step if an emergency presented itself. That is my goal. He was so proud- this is his first day.

A friend of ours was his teacher- she was FABULOUS (Thanks Amy) She got E to do a few things that I still can't get him to do. She was good at bribery- see below.
As many of you know from a few posts ago that we got to dog sit Billy. Billy is Amy's dog. She told Elliott on the first day of swimming that she would bring Billy on the last day. He was in heaven. He loves this little dog. I must admit- it was good to see the little guy. Hopefully next time we get to see Billy we will actually get some one on one time with him. Things were a little hectic that day.
Underoos and a fedora- Look at my TALL/SCRAWNY little man! I can't believe how big these little underwear sets make him look. I love him in this hat. I keep trying to get him to wear it everywhere.That is us the last couple of weeks- what a weird couple of weeks it has been.
6 comments:
Carly, you have been in my thoughts and prayers. . . It's great that you're home with your loved ones.
Your posts are awesome, as always! Thank you.
Love,
Aunt Aleen
Carly - we've been praying for you too. We hope you feel better soon. It was nice to see you at church, even though it was from across the room. Get better soon! We need to have a girls night again, and we're not doing it without you! :-)
Hope you are feeling better! Go ahead and post the real stuff... I'm a big fan of keeping it real!
Ugh.. the hospital sucks, the view is nice.. but blech. Hopefully, you will be back on your feet and lounging by the pool soon.
Glad you are home and doing better!!
I can't wait to see Elli swimming all over the place when we come for a visit!
I was totally looking for a picture of a dead moth. (miss read your title)
The swimming seemed so fun.
An irritating illness,
now on to the rest of the summer.
I hope it goes better!
carly - you're wonderful. you know that?
i love el's underoos and can't wait to see the swimming skills in action.
here's to a wonderfully boring couple of weeks!!!
Post a Comment