
2 weeks ago we took a trip to Albuquerque, NM to visit Craig's brother Brad and meet up with all of Craig's family for a little family trip. We decided to drive and take a little family time of our own on the way. We first stopped in Phoenix to visit my cousin Kimberly and her husband Reed- and their little family of dogs. Elliott was in heaven with the dogs. Thanks Kim and Reed! (I am annoyed I didn't get my camera out while we were there!)
Then we set on our way to ABQ- we stopped in Sedona, AZ- it is BEAUTIFUL and so picturesque. I loved driving through- who knew that Arizona actually had forests? The red rock was amazing and it definently was worth the extra time off the route. We stopped at Slide Rock for lunch and a little hike- beautiful.

El was loving the rock throwing at Slide Rock- he looks like he is off to build something here.


I don't think my pictures do this place justice.
After being in the car another 6+ hours we pull up to Brad and Meri's and we are all stoked to see Mr. Brad the Sherriff's car parked in the driveway.- first thing out of E's mouth- "I don't want to turn Brad lights on...." We were unsure what he was talking about exactly- only that he was a little leary of the cop car. It was the siren- he was so not wanting to turn the siren on- he thought if the lights were on so was the siren. When the kids all got out to the car the lights were on within seconds- no siren of course. You can tell how stoked they are to be in this car.
We had a fun day at the ABQ Zoo- Elliott and Luke crack me up in this picture- so sure of where to go next.
The Mass Assention was incredible. Hundreds of these balloons- all going up randomly. It was beautiful and quite a site to see.
This Darth Vadar balloon was by far Elliott's FAVORITE- he wanted to keep going over by it- It was like a little Star Wars heaven over there- he and Craig got some shots with Boba Fet and a Storm Trooper. Elliott took the photo of Craig because he didn't want to get to close to the Storm Trooper. I love that Star Wars is so cool to him- such a classic.



This night was called the Glowdeo- the park is filled with all of the balloons and they do random countdowns every couple of minutes and everyone lights up their balloons. It was pretty cool to see- something just so random that I never thought I would go to or see- but so glad that I did- I loved it.
Our last day there we went to this giant corn maze. I'm from a small town- I LOVE a good corn maze. I honestly think that this day was my favorite day by far in ABQ. I have really been missing Idaho lately- I am not quite sure why- I think probably the change of seasons always makes me homesick for an actual "change" of seasons. This day just made me feel like I was in Idaho. I wish I got some shots of the fabulous hail storm that happened about 2 hours later- it was so perfect and totally made my whole day. It's funny- I live in paradise for the most part. Perfect weather 90% of the time- but in my heart I love WEATHER- the good kind- cold wind, hail, rain, snow, and everything the seasons bring with them. (Smiling)- but 90% perfect weather is not bad either!

The kids were always eager to hitch a ride- they were all cracking me up.


Dad- this one is for you- look at E's determined look on his face? They had this little area where you could lasso a plastic cow head- Craig was trying to lasso me. E decided to give it a try.
I have a great little video of Dave lassoing Jason who is running around galloping- it is pretty funny- I'll let Mandy post that one.

Auntie Jen- for some weird reason- I have like 3 pictures of Jen. Where were you Jen?
Shelly and Trev- I have 3 pictures where Trevor actually let me take his picture. He is a camera snob. Kidding. He was just not in the mood for all of us camera happy people.




They had a cool corn box- I have decided way better than a sand box- however, I have been finding corn everywhere.


We had a great time. I love getting together with my family and Craig's. We miss everyone we don't get to see very often more than they probably know- you know how we like to keep all that musshy stuff on the down low. Thanks for a great trip- Thank You to Brad and Meri for having EVERYONE stay under the same roof and for taking such good care of us and planning some great activities. Let's go sea level next trip ehh?
5 comments:
That looks like fun! I'm glad you put a lot of pictures on. I like pictures.
And hopefully that is the only time you see Elliot in the back of a cop car.
That little one of yours is seriously so gosh darn cute. I LOVE when you post tons of pictures, it's funny personality just radiates.
Great Times !!
I'm so glad to see the photos.
i seriously want to go to ABQ now! looks so beautiful.
or, maybe i just want to go on vacation with the streiffs... it's a toss-up!
glad you had so much fun.
(and, i too LOVE weather. i totally understand)
I love the picture of you and craig-you guys look so cool :)
Post a Comment