On December 27th my littlest (tiny, youngest, baby) brother Joshua married Janae. It was a crazy day for everyone. Crazy- but beautiful and lovely. The day started a little weird- Josh was a little sick and it was freezing!!! But- Seriously- can you believe the snow? It was amazing! I felt terrible that they had to take their wedding photos in the snow- but it was absolutely beautiful and such a perfect snow moment.
I was in heaven- the happy couple was in heaven- so it was perfect.
I was in heaven- the happy couple was in heaven- so it was perfect.


I love this picture of my brother, Curtis and one of my uncles, David. They were waiting to open the doors of the Twin Falls Temple for the new bride and groom.



Josh and Janae after coming out of the temple. Then is started to snow like crazy.


My new sister-in-law Janae.

My other two brothers- Spencer and Curtis. We always joke about the two of them looking like mafia members whenever we take pictures. So- of course Curtis flashes the gang sign. Seriously! They crack me up, I miss them.
Ladies- both cute and single.....
Ladies- both cute and single.....

My Aunt Tamie and Uncle David- they both stuck around and helped out with EVERYTHING. It is so nice to have family around to be there with us all and to help us. Most of the family from out of town were unable to make it- that made having the little bit of family there mean that much more. Even though it felt like we hardly saw them- weddings are busy.
My cousin Jacob and his wife Lacey.
My cousin Jacob and his wife Lacey.
My other two cousins- Jameson and Darren- little champs! They were the best clean up crew ever! Darren- I LOVED the vacuum.


All of the girls.

Elliott loves doing this with his arms when we are trying to take a picture. It is so endearing- he really is the sweetest.

He was such a little cheese for the cameras- I have no idea where he got that one....

My Dad and his wife Sally


And... at the end of the night- it was just the most perfect night- not too cold and large snowflakes falling. We were all in heaven. Elliott says to me "mom, I need your gloves" and I went outside to find he and Craig having a snowball fight and Craig dipping E's head in the snow. Elliott loved when Craig did this- burrr- loved it.

Thank heavens for those great boy cousins and brothers that I have. All of us had forgotten about the "going away car"- we just said the word and this is what happened! I hope you can see all of the fresh Christmas trees (6 or 7 of them) in the back- it was hilarious.
Poor guys- waited and waited and waited for Josh and Janae to actually leave their reception so they could see thier faces when they saw the truck- finally after being forced to open their presents on their wedding night (don't get me started... who opens presents on their wedding night? Ehh- don't they have better things to do?) it was close to midnight and the left.
What little champs the Going Away Car Crew were.
It was a great day- it was an awesome day and an awesome vacation. I have not been home for Christmas in many years. I was so glad that I got the chance to go home and be with my family (who all got along- miracle) and watch my little brother be sealed to his wife in the temple.
Isn't that what it really is all about? Family and forevers.
Thank you to everyone who unselfishly gave up Christmas with us all so we could be there for something that was so important to me.
I have the best family ever- my own and Craig's- I am a blessed woman.
Poor guys- waited and waited and waited for Josh and Janae to actually leave their reception so they could see thier faces when they saw the truck- finally after being forced to open their presents on their wedding night (don't get me started... who opens presents on their wedding night? Ehh- don't they have better things to do?) it was close to midnight and the left.
What little champs the Going Away Car Crew were.
It was a great day- it was an awesome day and an awesome vacation. I have not been home for Christmas in many years. I was so glad that I got the chance to go home and be with my family (who all got along- miracle) and watch my little brother be sealed to his wife in the temple.
Isn't that what it really is all about? Family and forevers.
Thank you to everyone who unselfishly gave up Christmas with us all so we could be there for something that was so important to me.
I have the best family ever- my own and Craig's- I am a blessed woman.




10 comments:
i'm not going to disagree that the updates have been slow to come! looks like tons of fun. the whole north west must have been covered in snow for christmas. how fun for all of us!!
Carly, what a fun holiday! Your mom gave the sweetest testimony at church yesterday. She loves you all SO MUCH. It was a blast seeing you last week. Your husband was a trooper to sit through all of our cackling. (alright, I was the only one cackling!) I has so much fun! Your family is darling and your son could be in magazines! He has the best smile! I'm excited to stay in touch with blogs...and maybe facebook! :)
Holy cow- lots of posts! Glad you are back :) I hate brussel sprouts, by the way, and bobbing for them would probably make me gag!
It was so fun to see you over the holidays. You have such a beautiful family, and I really enjoyed catching up. Thanks for setting it all up. It was also fun to meet your husband - what a nice guy! You two are perfect for each other.
How fun, and what a special day! I can't believe how much you look like your brother Joshua. That is the greatest car decor I've ever seen. I could not stop laughing.
I'm glad the wedding was so perfect, even with the snow, or because of the snow.
We missed you, but so glad you had a great Christmas.
Love Elliott in the suit!! Sooooo cute!!
We are so sorry we missed it!!! It look like it went great!! Beutiful pictures carly!!! I hope you have a great new year!! Maybe this year it will be the one that we get to meet in person...right???
I can't get over Elliott in that little suit. So cute!!
I can't believe how much Nate looks like Curtis!!
Post a Comment